Senior Database Administrator Job in Addis Ababa
Senior Database Administrator Job in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with the following job details.
Premier Switch Solutions S.C. (PSS) is a leading Electronic Payment Processing Company, established by major private banks of Ethiopia. The Company has implemented the first multi-institution shared-switch infrastructure to provide its member banks with a state of the art payment technology to drive ATM, POS, e-commerce, Mobile Banking, and other payment channels and provide clearing of Debit/Credit card transactions for the banks.
Currently, PSS has a vacant position of Senior Database Administrator; and would like to recruit new applicants who meet the below qualification.
- BSc. or Above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or relevant field of study and 4 years of related experience.
Work Experience and Description of Duties
- Strong database administration (Performance tuning, Backup, and Recovery) skills in Oracle 11g and/or 12c on Linux based environment.
- Have experience in a grid or RAC environment.
- Ability to install, backup, restore, monitor, plan capacity, replicate, design, and troubleshoot an oracle database.
- Configures and maintains database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance.
- Managing tools for providing early warning and alerts, and monitoring system capacity utilization and taking proactive steps to avoid overutilization.
- Experience with Oracle tools such as OEM, RMAN, and the ability to analyze diagnostic results.
- Have good skills and experience in writing task scripting, schedule jobs
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases to ensure the accurate and appropriate use of data are in practice
- Conducts proactive maintenance of IT infrastructure with minimal supervision including maintaining a high level of systems availability, monitoring systems performance and reliability to mitigate outages and system interruptions.
- Works closely with other personnel to understand and implement application requirements, server/network/storage tuning, and configuration changes.
- Consults in the design of new applications and services to ensure they can be supported by the infrastructure.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical issues, conduct root cause analysis, and demonstrate a consistent level of accuracy with basic problem resolution.
- Responds to and resolve assigned client requests.
- At times when required, must be able to cross-train and perform other server and database functions.
- Have hands-on experience on Oracle Weblogic
- Certifications in Oracle database systems and/or Oracle Weblogic is advantageous.
- A hand on experience on RedHat Linux or Linux based environment is required.
- Knowledge of electronic payment and the bank industry is advantageous.
- Have good communication skills and strong team player habits.
- Willing to work additional hours as per business needs.
Senior Database Administrator Job in Addis Ababa 0 reviewsLogin to Write Your Review
There are no reviews yet.