System Administrator Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
System Administrator Job vacancy in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa is available from Ethiopian Commodity Exchange.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 39 – 2019/20
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent and reliable market platform and warehousing service through adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation and integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to recruit motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Job Purpose: - The purpose of the job is to provide tier III technical support for overall Server and Storage Area Network (SAN) at the Head Quarter (HEAD OFFICE), Disaster Recovery (DR) site, HEAD OFFICE Trading Centre and Regional Trading Centers. Administer, and oversee the ECX Server and Storage Area Network Assist the Manager IT Infra & Support in running the System and SAN infrastructure of the Exchange; to maximize ECX’s System services uptime through maintenance of corporate System and SAN infrastructure and prepare a periodical report.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and administers SAN storage infrastructure ( HEAD OFFICE and DR)
- Produces/Updates technical architecture document every 3 months;
- Monitors and optimizes critical ECX core business applications running on administer blade servers and rack servers ( HEAD OFFICE and DR)
- Monitors and administers Microsoft and VMware Hypervisors, Virtual Machines, hosting business-critical applications and databases ( HEAD OFFICE and DR), Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Web and File services( HEAD OFFICE and DR), Microsoft Exchange services( corporate email system) ( HEAD OFFICE and DR)
- Ensures the backup of all Critical systems, Databases, files, and folders of the Exchange.( HEAD OFFICE and DR)
- Ensures the proper functioning of the ECX Server and Storage infrastructure at all time on working and non-working hours, locally and remotely ( HEAD OFFICE and DR)
- Coordinates information system administration and storage infrastructure of the Exchange and ensure all ECX’s externally accessed resources, such as Trading portal, Email and others are secured and functioning properly through Administering Gateway security products
- Ensures that all ECX employee are authenticated and Authorized to access Server resources
- Participates on System and SAN Infrastructure projects from initiation to full implementation as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Ensures storage area network is properly secured through zoning, masking and other related technologies.
- Participates in system/project testing, rollout and certification with other IT unit;
- Serves as mentor and coach to System Administrator specialists and Associates
- Participates in technical bid preparation and evaluations for IT procurement;
- Designs installation and maintenance of servers and storage;
- Plans monthly servers and storage operation and maintenance activities
- Closely works with the System, Network, Security and Application Development teams to produce an optimal solution during new installations and troubleshoots problems;=
- Ensures implementation of security and audit options;
- Configures storage devices, services, directories and peripherals using established standards and requirements
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
System Administrator Job Vacancy in Ethiopia 0 reviewsLogin to Write Your Review
There are no reviews yet.