DMC Construction Plc is a first class General Contractor (GC-1) chartered in Ethiopia to provide services in civil work projects, mainly road construction and maintenance, building construction and maintenance, water works, airfield construction, water works construction, etc., would like to invite competent Candidates for the vacant position of Archive Officer.
Archivist are responsible for the provision, care and management of permanent collections of information that are intended to preserve the past and allow others to discover it.
- Provide reference services and assistance for users needing archival materials.
- Skill in searching and maintaining online and other electronic retrieval systems.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
- Create and maintain accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electronic information storage technology.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to film, videotape, audiotape, disk, or computer formats, as necessary.
- Be the focal person to receive all incoming documents to the Company.
- Responsible to register all incoming and outgoing letters and distribute them to appropriate staff in the Company and other stakeholders.
- Initiate the discarding of inactive files or other materials.
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Acquire and process new archival materials and maintain records of documents received, stored, issued, and returned and file catalogue cards according to system used.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Knowledge of library theory, concepts, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Knowledge of available sources of archival materials.
- Diploma in secretarial science, management, IT, Office management and other related fields.
- Minimum 3 Years experience.
- Computer Literate
- Description and ordering techniques.
- Digital management techniques.
- Record conservation skills.
- Maximum precision and attention to detail.
- Methodical, with strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills to supervise staff.
- An interest in history and the management of information.
- Research skills to find out about the background of materials.
- Initiative, to find ways to make information more accessible to users.
please note that living area must be around Lebu, Lafto, Garment, Mekanisa, Ayertena and near to this area.
Only short-listed candidates will be considered for the position
Important: Please State the Job Position in the Subject Title of the Email.
Archive Officer 0 reviewsWrite Your Review
There are no reviews yet.